Wednesday, January 20, 2010

GAME Plan Week 3

My GAME plan involves finding examples of real world problems that disturb the concept of World Peace. I will have some videos to prepare the students for the task, and to give them ideas of what to look for on their own. The students will need access to the internet to perform their research, and there must be a class blog site to post their ideas to the class as homework/study hall work. In order for my lesson to be successful I need to have the parents aware of our class blog site so they know it is a safe assignment consisting of only students and teachers from our classes. I need to know if it is possible to only allow certain people to post to our blog site so that no outsiders can interfere. Once I get this figured out we will be able to move ahead with our online collaboration. I also need to do some more research on how to include UDL principles in this unit.

3 comments:

  1. Mark are you able to connect to blog sites now? How is the speed of the internet, and the ability of the students to get to those sites?

    I know that that is my pet peeve as our servers are so slow and sometimes just do not access the web page.

    I love your ideas about videos etc. that demonstrate the concept of World Peace. Failing the accessibility of videos, you could get pictures and present the lesson as a power point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark,

    You should have an option to moderate comments to your blog. That way, only comments that you allow will be posted. Wouldn't that solve your problem of outside interference?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark,
    You may be able to create a discussion board on a wiki.
    You can set up a wiki at any free site but make it password protected and give the students the password. The middle school teachers in our district are using this method. PBwiki is a free site you could try

    ReplyDelete