Saturday, January 30, 2010

Modifications to My GAME Plan

Once I came up with the idea for me lesson plan on world peace, I was able to easily find information that my students would find useful to my students. I know that there is enough information on the internet for my classes to utilize. It was easy to plan, and the technology involved is easy to use and accessible to all students.

I actually have discussed my lesson with one of me fellow English teachers. He thought it was a great idea and had the idea of creating a class website on one of the free website pages, like geocities. I have never used this, so I will have to experiment to see how it works. This way, not only can my class see each others’ work, but the entire school and parents could also view our progress and final products. This enforces the concept of teacher collaboration. The more minds you have, the more ideas will arise. Each teacher will bring their own ideas to the table to help modify the GAME plan.

The question that I am pondering now is how to give more options to the students. They already have the option of what to discuss in their projects. They get to choose the world issues they wish to focus on. Now, I am brainstorming other options in the form of presenting. I have them creating a Power Point as or right now, but I might extend the options to include wikis and podcasts. I will have to develop this as I move forward with my unit.

4 comments:

  1. Mark,

    I have used WikiSpaces with my students. You might want to try this one with yours. I hope you all have fun and learn a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Nancy says the WikiSpaces is a good online presenting tool, I like the voice thread as it gives individuals so many options for leaving comments. I think too that it is good to give the students choices in terms of the topic but you should state what form it should be presented in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark,
    If your student like powerpoint slides, they can design the visuals on -say- ten slides, upload them to VoiceThread.com and then using headset microphones, record narration or comments for each slide. My students enjoyed this immensely. The free teacher trial held enough space for twenty three 10 slide presentations. You can then give parents the password and they can comment on the presentations too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark,
    I like that you are giving your students choices on what topic they chose within the main topic of world peace. I agree with Nancy and Lorna that WikiSpaces would be a good way for students to collaborate and present their information. I think you should give them only two options to present their information. Then, you can teach how to use these two options, so that all students know how to use each option's tools the best.

    ReplyDelete