Saturday, January 16, 2010

My GAME Plan for Integrating Technology in the Classroom.

There are two areas that I need to strengthen in order to reach my goal of successfully integrating the use of technology in my classroom to best facilitate learning the content. The ISTE standard 2 states that we must be able to “design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity”. I am still learning about many of these new digital tools that I can use to teach material in the classroom. However, some of these ideas are a bit fuzzy in my mind. I need to become more familiar with these new ideas before I can successfully implement them.

That leads in to my next area of improvement. Standard 3 describes how we must “collaborate with students, peers, parents, and community members using digital tools and resources to support student success and innovation”. I do not know of many other teachers in my building that try to productively utilize current technologies. If I were to collaborate with them I am sure that we could come up with some great ideas. This leads me to the “actions” I would take to help our school be more technology oriented. I could suggest starting a group of teachers that could meet to brainstorm and develop technology integrated lessons and tools.

If the teachers in my building worked as a group to implement technology, we could easily monitor and share our progress. The evidence of our students’ learning would help us monitor and then evaluate our methods. If we were to meet once a month we could perfect our techniques over time as we share our input and evidence.

2 comments:

  1. Response to Mark

    I think that having a monthly technology meeting in your building would a great way to share ideas, monitor progress, and help each other learn new ways to implement available technology. You should talk with your principal about your ideas and see if you can get something started. Before teachers can successfully implement new technologies, they need experience using them on their own. The technology group can give that type of experience and help others who need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teachers in my district who share a common interest in technology have formed a group on FaceBook. There they can share ideas and collaborate. They also meet several times a year for a dinner meeting. Membership is completely voluntary and this group is not directed by the district office in any way. It is a wonderful blending of professional and social interactions. You might want to try initiating something like this in your district.

    ReplyDelete