Wednesday, February 3, 2010

GAME Plan Week 5

Through my research and exploring I found some very useful ideas in our class resources that will help me differentiate instruction. There are various types of learners, and I want to be able to reach out to them all. Whether they are visual, auditory, or another type of learner I will be prepared with a helpful tool to help them learn and comprehend the content. Dr. John Ross suggested using online videos for visual and auditory learners. They could simply be posted on a class website that can be accessed by students at a later time or at home. This is great, because it can be utilized by the students who know they will benefit more from this visual aid, and it won’t necessarily consume class time for those that are successful without it.

I still need to find a way to gain access o a class website or blog site. Realistically, this will take a while to be approved. Since this is a lesson that I am developing for later use, I hope that by acting to achieve my GAME plan now will allow me to gain the tools I need to carry out this lesson in the near future.

4 comments:

  1. Mark
    Your school does not have a class website? Our school uses edline, which I think is limited in it scope for online activities, but it is better than nothing.
    Although we have this site, and I have uploaded information for them, not a lot, I find that they are not making use of the activities that are there for them.
    I will need to find a strategy to get the students hooked on using the resources that are in the class website. Once you have yours up and going and find it to be useful, I would love to hear just what you did to get the students going to the site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Response to Mark

    It is good that you are looking into ways to differentiate instruction to the many different types of learning styles! You should check with your technology director in your district to see if your school has teacher websites, where you can post information and links to videos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our district uses eChalk for district and school websites. I agree with Rebecca that you should be able to host a website through your district. In this day and age, I cannot imagine that this is not available to the faculty in your district.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. In our school, the technology leaders have long hosted their own websites, both before it was approved or even cache'. Now they are advising the school district on the improvements to make to our networks, software etc...so that they are more teacher and student friendly (among other goals). If you start your own Ning and use it with your students -- especially students who need differentiation and with parents who ask for remediation, you could become the leader at your school.

    ReplyDelete